It’s been a while, friends. This is always such a busy time of year – weddings, birthdays, farewells, uni exams, hens nights, end of year catch ups, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, etc, etc. I finished exams a couple of weeks ago, and now just have one 7500 word paper left to finally finish off my law degree. It’s been a long time coming (just ask my parents). But what would 7500 words be without a hefty dose of procrastination? Not much fun, I’ll tell you that. On that note – some Sunday reading to aid your own procrastination efforts in the week ahead.
1. After seeing Interstellar, I’ve gotten a little bit (very) interested in space. It kind of blows my mind. I got home from seeing that film and promptly spent an hour reading about wormholes, black holes and theoretical inter-galaxy travel. Nerd, yes. Here’s an account from NASA astronaut Marsha Ivins on what everyday life is actually like in space.
2. Vogue Australia turns 55 this year. To celebrate, they’ve done a The September Issue-esque doco, to chronicle the piecing together of the 55th anniversary issue. It airs tomorrow night, but here’s a sneak peek.
3. I’m not sure if y’all have heard of or ever stumbled across food blog The New Potato. It’s pretty epic. I’ve definitely lost a lot of time stumbling through their archives and drooling over the mostly simple, but amazing looking recipes.
4. In case you live under a rock, the Pitch Perfect 2 trailer came out this week. I don’t even need to tell you how excited I am.
5. This is not a reading recommendation, but more a side note. Has anyone listened to Serial? I think I should for all the buzz it is getting, but I’d like some more personal reviews, please!